Monday, August 20, 2007

A house in a house

My heart skipped a beat when I first saw this at Debi van Zyl's blog. It reminded me why I loved architecture and interiors in the first place. The magic of creating that dream house to live in. Of making, reconstructing, rethinking, inhabiting, dreaming...

This house is reconstucted by fnp architeken in Stuttgart. Since the site is not in English, I guessed from the pictures that the architects preserved the decaying shell of the house and inserted a new interior like an inner sleeve into it. Simple and magical. Love it! Absolutely looove it to bits!

4 comments:

Debi van Zyl said...

I know this house is amazing! What I gathered from the blog '2 or 3 things i know' where I first saw it is that it was originally a pigsty! It's really incredible. I love this adaptive reuse.

laissezfaire said...

A pigsty??!!! ohhh....I love it even more now! So animal farm!

"a rare thing" said...

I feel like I'm looking into a secret place...the warm glow of the lights coming from the doors and windows is a beautiful contrast to the cracked stone walls. The photography is lovely; I'm sure the actual house is amazing.

laissezfaire said...

Think I am drawn to this image as it reminds me of an enchanted forest...